dijous

The Research Project








This term we have to Present a Research project about a topic we have chosen.




My research project is about idioms and proverbs. I decided to work on this topic because I spent one year abroad in Dublin, and while speaking with people some idioms and proverbs showed up. I found it something very interesting and very rich to learn more about. In my opinion if you really want to know a language you must know about the several uses of idioms and proverbs. Idioms and proverbs make your speech very rich and they give you lots of knowledge of a language. Basically that’s the reason why I decided to research on idioms and proverbs, and so to get to know more of them; understand their meanings, know about the origins and see in which amount they are used and by who.
Through all my project I’ll be researching proverbs and idioms to see in which amount they are used nowadays. I also keep a record of how often idioms and proverbs show up in everyday speech. I quote Shakespeare's proverbs and I'll explain the meaning of every idiom I have researched (in books, songs, ads...). The conclusion of my research project will determinate the amount people uses idioms and proverbs.




I love the topic, though right now I'm sick to the back of my teeth of it!

1 comentari:

  1. Hi, Marta!
    nice idiom to summarize your feelings at present about your research paper! ;-)
    it's almost over, time to burn the midnight oil and pull up your socks...
    cheers
    S

    ResponElimina